You can register at your polling place on Election Day. You will need one of the following to verify your residence:
- Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit, identification card, or receipt for one, with your current address, if the Minnesota license or ID has a former address, you may bring a recent utility bill* to use with your license
- "Notice of Late Registration" postcard (received because the prior registration application was received after October 12)
- U.S. Passport with utility bill
- If you are a student, you can use...
Student ID, registration, or fee statement with your current address
Student photo ID without your current address with utility bill*
Student ID if you are on a student housing list on file at the polling place
- Someone who is registered in the precinct where you live who will vouch for your residence
- A valid registration at another address within the same precinct,
*Note: The utility bill must have your name, current address, and must be due within 30 days before or after the election. Utility bills may be for electric, gas, water, solid waste, sewer, telephone, or cable T.V.