- Land Services
- Auditor-Treasurer's Office
- Tax-Forfeited Property
Tax-forfeited properties are those for which delinquent property taxes were not paid, and title to the land and buildings was forfeited to the State of Minnesota. Following a review period these properties are made available to the public for purchase; however certain properties are not salable and remain vested to the State of Minnesota.
Mille Lacs County administers tax-forfeited properties through the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, County Board of Commissioners, and Environmental Resources:
- Auditor-Treasurer’s Office: The Auditor-Treasurer’s Office is responsible for conducting the forfeiture process and managing related fiscal matters as outlined in Minnesota Statutes, Chapters 279 - 281.
- County Board of Commissioners: The County Board of Commissioners is responsible for setting values, designating properties for conservation purposes, and other policy decisions related to tax-forfeited properties.
- Environmental Resources: Environmental Resources is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of tax-forfeited properties, including tax-forfeited property sales, as outlined in Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 282.
Tax-Forfeited Property Sales
Tax-forfeited properties are sold at public auction periodically as saleable parcels become available. If a property does not sell at auction it may be available over-the-counter on a first come, first served bases.
Coming Soon!!! New Information regarding our next auction being planned for the summer of 2023.
Land sale #61 has closed.
- Land Sale List #61 currently unavailable
- Land Sale #61 Terms & Conditions (PDF)
- Land Sale #61 Brochure (PDF)
- County Owned and County Managed Land Hunting Policy
Auditor-Treasurer's OfficePhysical Address
635 2nd Street SE
Milaca, MN 56353
635 2nd Street SE 1st Floor Milaca MN 56353
Phone: : 320-983-8310Fax: : 320-983-8336