View some of the variety of services available:
- Assist in obtaining federal and state veteran's benefits
- Help obtain burial and death benefits
- Help obtain medical care at various Veteran's Medical Centers
- Help with claims for service connected disabilities
- Help with veteran's pensions and widow/widower pensions
- Provide transportation to VAMC Minneapolis and VAMC St. Cloud
Veterans Transportation Policy
Purpose: To provide Mille Lacs County veterans with transportation to and from scheduled medical appointments at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Centers or VA affiliated appointments (i.e. VA Choice, C&P examinations, VA contracted parties etc.) View the Transportation Policy (PDF).
Disabled American Veterans
Mille Lacs County Community and Veterans Services (MLCCVS) has contracted with Disabled American Veterans (DAV) for purposes of transporting veterans to VA affiliated appointments.
Volunteer drivers utilize the DAV vehicle to transport veterans to their VA affiliated appointments at no cost to the veteran. Mille Lacs County will not pay existing outside services or organizations to transport veterans to their appointments.
Some veterans may qualify for travel compensation which may be redeemed at the VAMC by scanning their Veterans Health Identification Card at one of the many kiosks.
For further information regarding transportation, scheduling a ride, or becoming a volunteer please contact your Veterans Services Officer or the Disabled American Veterans department co-located at the Saint Cloud or Minneapolis VA Medical Centers.
- Saint Cloud Phone: 320-252-1670, ext. 6676
- Minneapolis Phone: 612-467-2768