Adult Mental Health
Mille Lacs County provides assessment, intake, information and referral, and case management for individuals with mental health issues. A Mille Lacs County Case Manager can determine eligibility based on assessment.
Mental Health problems may include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Major depression
Related services may include:
- Case Planning
- Crisis Intervention
- Facilitate Hospitalization and Other Placement
- Legal Commitments
Services for the Public
The following services are for the general public:
- Education and Prevention Services
- Emergency or Crisis Services
Mental Illness Services
The following services are for persons with a serious and persistent mental illness:
- Assistance with government benefits
- Case Management Assessment
- Client Outreach
- Community Support Program
- Crisis assistance
- Development of comprehensive care plan
- Employability and supported work
- Independent living arrangements
- Independent living skills
- Medication monitoring
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Referral and coordination
988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (now known as the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline) and is now active across the United States.
When people call, text, or chat 988, they will be connected to trained counselors that are part of the existing Lifeline network. These trained counselors will listen, understand how their problems are affecting them, provide support, and connect them to resources if necessary.
Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative Meetings
Region 7E is comprised of Mille Lacs, Kanbec, Pine, Chisago, and Isanti counties, and is given a block grant of funding every year. This money needs to be spent on services pertaining to mental health services and gaps in the region. The Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative Meetings decide how to spend this grant and is open to the public to weigh in on mental health needs for adults if they'd like to attend. These meetings are held monthly at Isanti County Family Services Office, located at 1700 East Rum River Drive South, Suite A in Cambridge, from 10:30 a.m. to Noon on the following dates: TBD
Region 7E Mental Health Initiative Consumer and Provider Survey
Wilder Research, in partnership with the Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative, is conducting a regional mental health needs assessment. We would like your participation in a survey that will help your community understand the impact of mental health services and supports on the lives of consumers. Your feedback is intended to help us improve mental health services and supports in the region. Wilder Research is an independent evaluator and not otherwise affiliated with Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative.
We would like you to know that:
- Your participation is voluntary – you can skip any question you prefer not to answer and/or stop the survey at any time.
- Your answers will be confidential – your name or any identifiable information will not be used in connection with your answers.
- Your answers will be grouped with other survey respondents from your county into a report for the Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative and affiliated partners.
- our survey responses will not impact your relationship to Region 7E Adult Mental Health Initiative in any way.
We are interested in your honest thoughts and ideas, so there are no right or wrong answers. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Region 7E Mental Health Crisis Response
- Region 7E American Indian Assessment Report (PDF)
- Region 7E Assessment Summary of Findings Report (PDF)
- Region 7E Homeless Individuals Assessment Report (PDF)
- Region 7E Incarcerated Individuals Assessment Report (PDF)
- Region 7E Mille Lacs County Assessment Report Summary (PDF)
- Region 7E Transition Age Youth Assessment Report (PDF)
- Request for Host County Concurrence for Placement in Mille Lacs County (DOCX)
- Mental Health Professionals and Services (PDF)
- Mille Lacs County Adult Mental Health Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Region 7E Adult Mental Health Needs Assessment (PDF)