To administer the statutes of the State of Minnesota which pertain to Real and Personal Property Assessment to the best of our ability and in a manner which shows neither partiality nor prejudice toward any property owner, class of property, or taxing jurisdiction.
Responsibilities & Purpose
The Assessor's Office is responsible for estimating the market value and determining the classification of each piece of property in Mille Lacs County for property tax purposes. In accomplishing this, the Assessor's Office is responsible to the county tax payers to ensure that the value is correct so that each property owner pays no more or no less than their fair share of the property tax burden as determined by the legislative class rates.
The Assessor's Office is also responsible for ensuring that no property escapes assessment or is under assessed. The Assessor's Office is required to meet standards established by Minnesota Statute and the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
- Verifies and analyzes sales information
- Handles homestead and other special program applications
- Appraises all property at market value
- Determines property classifications
- Informs property owners of their value
- Conducts Board of Appeal and Equalization meetings
2023 Reassessment Questionnaire
Once every five years an assessor must physically review and verify that property information is current and accurate. In order to assist the assessors with this process, we are asking homeowners to update information about your property that might affect the value. Click the link below for a short online questionnaire. Thank you!
Here is a link to a printable questionnaire:
Homestead Forms and Applications
- Homestead Application Form (PDF)
- Applying For Homestead Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Homestead Exclusion for a Veteran with a Disability Application (PDF)
- Homestead Exclusion for a Veteran with a Disablity - Surviving Spouse Application (PDF)
- Homestead Exclusion for a Veteran with a Disability - Primary Family Caregiver Application (PDF)
- Special Homestead 1b Classification Application (PDF)
- Special Homestead 1b - Blind or Disabled Fact Sheet (PDF)
635 2nd Street SE
Milaca, MN 56353
635 2nd Street SE 1st Floor Milaca MN 56353
Phone: 320-983-8311Fax: 320-983-8336
Lisa OlsonCounty Assessor
Nicky Strain-FillonDeputy Assessor
Amisa PollardCertified Assessor
David VigdalAccredited Assessor
Courtney BrambrinkAssessor Trainee