Community & Veterans Services
The mission of Mille Lacs County Community and Veterans Services is to promote the health, safety, and well-being of all county residents, by providing the services, resources, and assistance necessary for residents to improve their lives.
View the following services offered:
- Adult DD Case Management
- Adult Mental Health Case Management
- Adult Protection
- Chemical Dependency Case Management
- Child Protection
- Child Support
- Child Welfare
- Children’s Mental Health Case Management
- Community Health
- Elderly Services
- Financial Assistance
- Foster Care
- Licensing-day care, adult/child foster care and respite
- Special Needs Case Management
- Veterans Services
Public Transit Information
Public transit bus service is available to all Mille Lacs County residents. This service is provided by Tri-Cap Inc. to residents of Mille Lacs County. They offer daily bus service to Princeton, Pease, Milaca, Bock, Onamia, and Isle.
- Visit the Tri-Cap Inc. website for complete fare and bus information.
- View the Private Pay Transportation Providers
Car Seat Program
Mille Lacs County Car Seat Program Can Help! Mille Lacs County has three Child Passenger Safety Techs who can provide car seat education and distribute car seats for children birth to age 8, if you have PMAP Blue Plus or PMAP Health Partners insurance coverage. Call 320-983-8208 and ask to speak to someone regarding the car seat program to determine if your child is eligible.
Car crashes are the Number 1 killer of children ages 1 to 13. Let us help you keep your child safe! Visit the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration website for child passenger safety information and videos.
Shaken Baby Syndrome
Shaken baby syndrome is a type of traumatic brain injury that is inflicted when someone intentionally and violently shakes a baby. Shaking makes the baby's fragile brain bounce back and forth inside the skull, causing bruising, swelling, and bleeding; this can lead to permanent, severe brain damage or death.
View more information regarding shaken baby syndrome.
If you believe a child is in imminent danger, has injuries that need medical attention, or is not safe remaining at home, call 911.
To make a child protection report please call Child Protection Intake or On-call Worker, if after business hours, at 320-983-8246.
- 2020 - 2021 County MFIP Biennial Service Agreement (PDF)
- 2021 Mille Lacs County Burial Rates (PDF)
- 2022 Mille Lacs County Burial Rates (PDF)
- Limited English Proficiency Plan 2013 to 2014 (PDF)
- Mille Lacs County CVS Billing Voucher/Invoice (PDF)
- Notice of Access Service Availability to Eligible Minnesota Health Care Program Recipients (PDF)
- Senior Housing and Services Guide (PDF)